ST01D11EN / Ski touring in Kyrgyzstan 11 days and 7 days on skis
The team of KAGAN invites you to discover the slopes of Tien Shan mountains. Kyrgyzstan is mountainous country in Central Asia. It covered by Tien Shan and Pamir mountain ranges. Tien Shan means Celestial Mountains, highest point is 7434m, the peak Pobeda in the east of Kyrgyzstan.
This program Ski touring in Kyrgyzstan guides you into the Central Tien Shan. Your skiing areas are Suusamyr and Terskey Alatoo mountains.
D1 > Bishkek – Suusamyr: The Kyrgyz guide meets you at the airport. Rest, shower and breakfast at the Madison Hotel. Transfer to the Suusamyr Valley. We cross the canyon Kara Balta and pass the Ala Too tunnel. Late lunch will be with a beautiful panoramic view of the Suusamyr Valley. Installation in the ski resort Too Ashu. Possibility of downhill skiing. 4h transfer.
D2 > Skiing day: 7h or 8h of skiing. The peak at 3800m. Transfer to the Suus lodge refuge. Installation in a nice hut.
D3 > Skiing day in the Otmok Valley. In the morning, we will transfer to the starting point 45 min. Picnic during a hike. Return by car to the shelter. Overnight and dinner at the shelter.
D4 > Skiing day to the valley Aramza Suu. Early morning transfer to Aramza Suu Valley, 30min. Transfer to the starting point. Overnight and dinner at the same home as the day before.
D5 > Skiing in the Ala Bel pass. In the morning, we take our vehicle. 1 hour drive to reach the starting point. Skiing on the peak near the pass at 3100m. Return to the same refuge as the day before.
D6 > Short skiing day in Uch Chat. Picnic at the refuge. Transfer to Kizart 6h by car. Night and dinner at the locals. In the evening, you will take the public bath in the village.
D7 > Early morning, transfer to Lake Issyk-Kul. Visit of handicraft center in Kochkor. Visiting an eagle hunter. Lunch at the locals in Bokonbaeva. After lunch we will continue our driving. Arrival at Barskoon. Homestay installation. 5 hours drive.
D8 > Skiing day. 1h30 min. Early morning transfer. Departure of ski touring on Ara Bel plateau. We climb on a peak of 4300m. Back in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in the same house as the day before.
D9 > Skiing in Ara Bel plateau. This day, we climb another peak at 4400m. near the Sook Pass. Back home. Transfer to Bokonbaeva. Night and dinner at a friendly Kyrgyz family.
D10 > Early departure to the Kyrgyz capital. Arrival in Bishkek. Short visit of city center. Installation in the guest house. Dinner in a typical restaurant in Central Asia. Overnight in a guest house.
D11 > Transfer to the airport: End of service.
Notes: Ski touring in Kyrgyzstan
• The visa is not required for EU, Canadian, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Japanese passport with at least 6 months valid for a period do not exceed 60 days. No mandatory vaccine.
• Please take an adequate equipment for backcountry skiing and for 4300m. We will ride on the glacier.
• The tour oriented for the adults, +20.
• Provide your personal medicament the guide has only a basic pharmacy.
• Please inform us in you have a preference to some foods ; allergic or vegetarian.
• In home stays there aren’t a shower and WC in each room.
• For the confirmation of the trip, we ask 100$ prepayment as confirmation. In case of cancellation, we keep the prepayment. The rest of total amount, you have to pay in cash at your arrival in Bishkek.
Explore Kyrgyzstan with KAGAN!